Tuesday, July 15, 2008

COCKBLOCKER BLUES

AS THE WORLD TURNS was unbelievable today in regard to Luke and Noah's sex life (or lack thereof.) I can't believe these two would be willing to wait to have sex for the most flimsy of reasons -- they are living in the house of Luke's aunt, and she doesn't want hot, nasty gay teenage sex under her roof. Umm...don't they realize Emma is away? Jack and Janet did! And to overshare for a moment from my relevant experience -- during my college years my boyfriend and I let NOTHING stand in the way of having sex. We pushed dorm beds together. Oblivious straight dormmates of ours would knock on our door and we would lie there, giggling, pretending not to be there while we were really in bed together! It is just not realistic that Luke and Noah could be a couple for 3/4 of a year and not have had sex already!!!! Van Hansis has been very good at showing desire for Noah even with no dialogue. Let's see that desire fulfilled!

Rant over.

I only managed to put up with THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL for its first segment today, as Friday's promising cliffhanger was dully resolved. Nope, Katie's not stopping the wedding. She's just not reading the written vows and is improvising instead. Ah well at least Brandon Beemer is interacting with Felicia. I am feeling the chemistry!

I am finding it hard to fully concentrate on DAYS OF OUR LIVES lately. I liked the food fight between Nicole, Sami and Chloe. I like the streaks in Chelsea's hair. Ummmm....maybe I just need some more John Black and some kind of story for Nick, who is too cute to be relegated to friend-on-the-sideline status. I also don't want Nicole's alcoholism to be cured. I like Nicole drunk and crazy and quipping. And I'm not feeling any Doctor Daniel/Chelsea love. He is too old for her -- remember, he has now been established as having slept with her GRANDMOTHER! Maybe he should sleep with Chelsea's paternal granma too, and give Caroline some action now that Victor's bedridden!

GENERAL HOSPITAL and GUIDING LIGHT both had good stuff in them today, but were also plagued by recurring problems. Yep, there was more zaccharahing in GH. You can tell something is wrong when I have Maxie and Spinelli and I still change the channel!

GUIDING LIGHT had some terrific scenes with Reva, Josh and Jeffrey. I loved how Reva told Jeffrey immediately about kissing Josh. They are such a strong couple, even though Jeffrey must know Reva will always consider Josh the love of her life. On the down side, there were awful scenes concerning Ava and Bill. That bit with the pizza where Remy knows what Ava orders and Bill doesn't so Remy is the one for her -- give me a break! Pepperoni is so much better than a veggie special! I ate 4 slices of pepperoni pizza today! Bill, I will be happy to eat pizza with you anytime.

Tonight I actually left the house to see a revival screening of XANADU, which sadly does not live up to its reputation as a camp classic. What was really fun were the trailers shown to accompany the film, organized thematically to fit the movie. In the trailer for the 2000 film CENTER STAGE I saw Elizabeth Hubbard! I elbowed the Semi-Employed Boyfriend and freaked out! I've since looked our Lucinda Walsh up on IMDB and am thrilled to see that she's had a bit of a film career. I've seen her in I NEVER SANG FOR MY FATHER but I can't remember her in ORDINARY PEOPLE. She's also been in an episode of LAW & ORDER that I'm dying to see! Elizabeth Hubbard film festival, anyone?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we know what you and the Semi-employed boyfriend used to do in college...I recall having to cockblock you from MY room a few times!(If there was to be any hot, nasty sex in my room, I was going to be involved somehow; gay or otherwise.)

That's the trouble with dramas that deal with teenage sexuality; it is always sanitised beyond all hot hormones recognition. Romeo and Juliet, Luke and Noah; doesn't anyone remember that as a teen you just wanted to get banged?! Gay or otherwise.

By the way, I for one was never fooled by your, "We're just roommates" charade. I know hot love when I see it; gay or otherwise! Not like that Todd and Wrangler jeans wearing Mark. Yes, I name and I shame...

As you were.

Unemployed Soap Viewer said...

Hi Jen

The problem with Luke and Noah is that the writing for them is so inconsistent. (Their performers are what really holds the couple together.) Just two Nuke episodes ago, they were broken up, Cyndi Lauper(!) helped them get back together and Luke was GAGGING for Noah -- he even said he wanted to spend the night with him NOW. Noah cockblocked that by saying he couldn't because he had to enlist in the army the next morning! Next Nuke episode, Noah decides not to go into the army because he would be denying his gayness and he would be seperated from Luke. The episode ended with their reunion. So you'd figure there would at least be off screen sex? WRONG. Now Luke and Noah have decided to wait, even though there was clear horndoggery going on two episodes before. I've said it before in my blog -- the writers in the AS THE WORLD TURNS writers' room need to talk to each other!

Anonymous said...

Or maybe the writers need to have sex (gay or otherwise), though not necessarily with each other. (Now THAT would be team building...)

To be fair, if I had to get up early to enlist in the Army, then I too would deny myself hot, nasty gay sex. You need a good night's sleep in order to enlist in the facist, sexist, homophobic, racist and de-humanising regime that is the armed services.

God I miss Fleet Week...

We could always start the petition, STOP THE COCKBLOCK- Cyndi Lauper could come up with a chant.