Sunday, October 19, 2008

MORE BOYFRIEND BRAGGING

As my boyfriend Darren is away, I yearn for the sound of his voice. So naturally I popped into the DVD player '70s schlock horror fest BEYOND THE DOOR, which stars the lovely Juliet Mills. Readers of this column might know Juliet from her time spent playing Tabitha in the late, unlamented PASSIONS. She is interviewed on the audio commentary by Darren! (And 2 other people who are not my boyfriend and, therefore, matter not.) Darren is terrific on the commentary. He has clearly done his research and his comments are revealing and perceptive. BEYOND THE DOOR might be a movie best enjoyed with many gin and tonics but the commentary is a fascinating peek into big budget '70s exploitation cinema. And I'm not just saying that because my boyfriend is on the commentary!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only is your boyfriend HOT, but now that he's employed, he is SMOKING HOT!!! Though not as hot as Richard Armitage, my latest crush on Spooks. I like a tortured, unhinged spy--so sue me...

Unemployed Soap Viewer said...

Employment is the new sexy, baby.

I really, really need to get into SPOOKS/MI5. I've never seen an episode! Some reckon that Richard Armitage would be a very cool new DOCTOR WHO...

Anonymous said...

You REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to get into SPOOKS. However, they REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to address their laziness for almost always having the Black and Asian spies go undercover as Muslim terrorists. Come on, we can do domestic, corporate and cyber terrorism like nobody's business! Just give us a chance!

Can Barack Obama be the new Doctor?

Anonymous said...

Why didn't we think of it before?! The next Doctor has to be ALAN DALE!