Monday, January 5, 2009

100 POSTS! and BONE MARROW BLUES

Wow!  This is my hundredth blog entry!  By pure coincidence, I watched the New Year's Eve episode of AS THE WORLD TURNS tonight, which was a kind of celebration of why I watch soaps through its sheer excellence.  It was just one great scene after another -- Lucinda yells at Jade, Billy Magnussen gets naked except for his wristwatch and Luke drunkenly kisses Brian, ruining his chances of a New Year's Eve virginity losing fuckfest with Noah.  Whew!  My New Year's Eve sucked royally but watching this episode actually made me realize it could have been much, much worse.  I did not kiss my step-grandfather nor did I have the chance of sex with Billy Magnussen and turn it down.   The only couple on ATWT enjoying the New Year were Bonnie and Derek, who are fast growing on me because Chauntee Schuler is too pretty not to have a storyline and Benton Greene is supercool when he yells at Jade.  Actually, everyone is cool when they yell at Jade and her scenes with Luke and Lucinda in this episode were gems. And it goes without saying that Van/Jake and Billy/Marnie broke my heart.

This episode was sandwiched in my viewing today between bone marrow melodramas.  The vintage  episode of 90210 I caught half of this morning was ridiculously tawdry, as Valerie contemplated if it was the right thing to donate her bone marrow to a dying child molester.  Last Friday's ATWT was also full of the marrow o'bone, relieved somewhat by snarky Craig.  This week looks unmissable if the trailer is anything to go by -- "your gay husband", indeed.  I love that Casey and Alleycat will be bringing Nuke back together.  Having the cutest couples on the show interact can only be a good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God, I LOVE a good ol' 'bone marrow to a dying child molester' dilemma. Surely to goodness Joseph Campbell lists it in THE HERO WITH A THOUSAND FACES...