Saturday, September 6, 2008

SLIVERS OF SOAP


I only watched the last ten minutes of ONE LIFE TO LIVE and the first ten minutes of GENERAL HOSPITAL today. If I watched any more I would have been in danger of doing nothing else but watching SoapNet tonight, and I really wanted to watch a movie with The Unemployed Boyfriend and eat pizza. (THE HOURS and pepperoni, respectively.) Anyhoo, the Todd/Marty story is unlike anything I've ever seen on daytime. How far will they go? And will Marty kill Todd when (or if?!) she gets her memories back?
GH had the welcome spectacle of Maxie sticking up for Spinelli's right to orange soda and BBQ potato chips. I also liked the way Kate repeated back to Clarice her unwelcome Sonny/Carly news just to make sure Kate understood. Poor Clarice. She's like Rosencrantz or Guildenstern in HAMLET -- a side character privy to the maelstrom of a larger than life character. (Notice how literary I've become after rewatching THE HOURS???)

No comments: