Monday, February 23, 2009

I LIKE IT LIKE THAT

The GOSSIP GIRL books are better than the TV series because by book 5 Chuck Bass is experimenting with being gay out of sheer boredom, and Jenny Humphrey has also been in touch with her queer side.  In the current climate of MILK love, I want to see more gay stuff on my TV, but especially in GOSSIP GIRL!  Interestingly, gay Eric and his boyfriend are original creations of the TV show.  In the books, Serena does have a brother named Eric but he is older and straight. So GOSSIP GIRL the TV show is definitely gay friendly; how about also giving more airtime to gay stories instead of blink-and-you-miss-them  marginal characters and daft stories about secret whore clubs for straight old men?

You know you love me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know when I'm bored, instead of reaching for the potato chips, I reach for muff.

I am so bored of anyone that isn't a White, heterosexual man regulated to being an 'other' in TVland. Stop pushing us to the margins, motherfuckers, or we will be forced to FUCK YOUR SHIT UP! You have been warned...

Unemployed Soap Viewer said...

In the above post, the word "regulated" should be replaced with the word "relegated". USV apologizes for any confusion.