Tuesday, May 27, 2008

ALAN DALE SIGHTING #2!

...in the episode of TORCHWOOD I rewatched tonight, and the reliable Alan brought some shades of grey to what could have been a standard baddie role. I do wonder what was the role that helped him make the leap from suburban Dad on NEIGHBOURS to evil suit in pretty much everything he's done since?

My soap viewing was haphazard today. I should state the rules of this blog. I will only blog about the soaps I see that day on that day -- I won't blog about them tomorrow. EXCEPT if it's a Nuke episode of AS THE WORLD TURNS, which is always so important it takes blogging priority over everything! I will not blog about every soap every day; I drift in and out of shows all the time and am only devoted to AS THE WORLD TURNS. I sometimes only watch parts of an episode of a soap or have two soaps fighting in the same time slot for my attention. I will attempt to honestly chronicle my soap viewing. I hope you find my different perspective refreshing!

That said, I only saw a bit of THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS and a bit of THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL today due to an ill advised attempt to do some Memorial Day shopping. What kills the shopping is the feeling that "I'm unemployed. Do I really need this?" The answer is almost always NO. I do not need to own SQUARE PEGS on DVD. Nor should I buy Region 1 DVDs of DOCTOR WHO when Region 2 DVDs are much more inexpensive online. However, I did need to buy the new issue of CBS SOAPS IN DEPTH, which had a great spread on the ATWT Fan Club Luncheon, which was simply the best fan event I've ever been to. Of the bit I saw of Y&R today, I thought Joshua Morrow was doing a good job of underplaying Nick's memory recovery, though in reality I think Nick would be curled up in a fetal ball screaming.

After an alcohol fueled lunch, The Employed Boyfriend and I watched ATWT. We then fell into a long boozy nap, where I dreamed I was friends with Billy Magnusson, Marnie Schullenberg and Dylan Bruce! How pathetic is that??!

Apres le nap and one invigorating cup of tea later, I watched the pilot episode of GOSSIP GIRL. One nice scene shot outside The Metropolitan Museum Of Art. Serena's suicidal gay brother is a cutie, but suicidal gays are so passe. No more victims, please. I hope we see Blair's gay Dad and boyfriend. And why hasn't anyone thrown date rapey Chuck off a building or through a skylight? Otherwise, absolutely nothing of interest here. If this wasn't in HD, I'd give it a miss.
xoxo
You know you love me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A life without SQUARE PEGS is no life at all...