Wednesday, May 21, 2008

NOAH AND LUKE! Does anything else matter?

I was all set to start off this entry by writing about how hot EJ and Sami's lovemaking was on DAYS OF OUR LIVES but then The Employed Boyfriend and I watched AS THE WORLD TURNS and...well, does ANYTHING I watched today compare to the sweet sexiness of Noah and Luke ALMOST making love? Nope. Gay Kiss #4 was brilliant! And we get more Nuke action tomorrow! I don't know if I can focus on any other soaps!
This show is such a positive influence on me. No sooner had I watched today's episode than I was whipping up a pasta dinner for The Employed One, ala Juicy Janet and Brad. Wait a minute-- Janet's unemployed, and Brad is working. My life is a soap!!!

GENERAL HOSPITAL was well written and acted today, but awfully dour, even though there were some Luke/Tracy shenanigans. I was hoping Spinelli and Maxie would show up and relieve me of the air of tragic gloom that permeated Port Charles today. I did enjoy all the scenes with Kate. She is so intelligent and willing to fight for what she believes in. I like soap heroines with a brain and good fashion sense. And on a more shallow note, I was digging the way Kate's hair frizzed out so stylishly in the rain.

DOOL had the aforementioned EJ/Sami hotness, which was strung out for the whole episode in a pleasing fashion. I think Max and Nick could solve all their math nerd problems by having sex for a whole episode as well, but the chances of that happening are slim. I love seeing them together, though, and I hate physics. I failed the Physics Regents by one point my Junior year of high school, and had to restudy all on my lonesome to pass it the next year to graduate. And where was my hot bartender/ex-race car driver or strangely attractive geek tutor to help me with this? NOWHERE. That is why soaps are such potent fantasies.
Is it just me who has never bought Abe and Lexie as a couple? He is old and boring. She is young and fabulous and was in FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VI: JASON LIVES. They are clearly not compatible.

Which brings me neatly to the wonderful Angie and Jesse on ALL MY CHILDREN, who are together because they both rock. I'm looking forward to more rocking couples on AMC when Beth Ehlers joins. GUIDING LIGHT made a HUGE mistake in splitting up Beth's and Ricky Paull Goldin's characters. Now that Ellen Wheeler has lost both performers to AMC, I bet she's crying over her camera-phone, which is seemingly used to shoot GL nowadays.

No comments: