Friday, May 16, 2008

TODAY ON AMC, DOOL and GH!

Managed to drag myself out of bed at 12:30 PM to catch the tail end of ALL MY CHILDREN while I made breakfast. Very happy to see a scene between Ricky Paull Goldin and Cady McClain; they are favorites of mine from GUIDING LIGHT and AS THE WORLD TURNS and were both treated badly by those shows. Let's hope AMC gives them a better deal.

Watched all of DAYS OF OUR LIVES and pretty much everything in today's episode is eclipsed by the haunting sight of Kayla's twitching, icky premature baby puppet! It was like something out of a David Cronenberg film! Granted, we only saw the thing for a second, but....yuck. Though my reaction may be extreme due to being a preemie myself. Maybe DOOL is tapping into some horrible primal birth memories that have lay dormant for 34 years??

My afternoon was finished with watching all of GENERAL HOSPITAL. I dip in and out of this show so I was shocked to have it begin with Jerry stabbing Claudia, holding a knife to her throat and dumping her in the river! Though that was not as bizarre as the final scene of today's episode, wherein a soggy Claudia washes up on Nicolas' front porch and is greeted by him as Emily! WTF??? I had to rewind my DVR thingy to make sure what was going on in that scene, it is quite confusing. Hey, maybe Natalia Livingstone should have played Claudia instead of Sarah Brown so that scene could make sense!

Speaking of Sarah Brown, I think she's doing what she can for the cartoonish character of Claudia. I wish she was given someone more realistic to play, like when she played Julia on ATWT, who was an ordinary woman who nonetheless managed to rip 2 couples apart. On a more positive note, I am loving Kate with Jax, and it was fun to see Tamlyn Tomita pop up as Giselle.

The only show I am completely invested in is ATWT, which I DVR every day to watch with the boyfriend when he comes home from work. (Yes, one of us is employed.) I'm hoping for an exciting preview for next week full of Nuke goodness!

No comments: