Thursday, May 22, 2008

GUNS AND YELLING..

pretty much sums up my soap viewing today!

I woke up from my drunken (but hangover-less) stupor at 12:45 PM!!! So I only got to see the last 5 minutes of ALL MY CHILDREN. Shoot Sledge Hammer, Jesse, before he shoots..SPOILER SPACE

JULIA!!!! AND KILLS HER!!!

END OF SPOILER SPACE

DAYS OF OUR LIVES and ONE LIFE TO LIVE continue to fight for my attention. DOOL was winning today, thanks to explosive scenes between Sami/Lucas/Marlena/John and EJ/Nicole. I am so loving Drake Hogestyn since he came back; I have promised The Employed Boyfriend to let him know when that memory disc comes back in John's possession. Notice how a good show can excite the interest of a casual viewer?
OLTL bored with Antonio/Ramsey/Talia, but scored with Nora and Lindsay. Like Emily and Margo on AS THE WORLD TURNS, these characters have History with a capital H and it is damn satisfying viewing when that card is played!
I also dug Sean telling Todd he has quit and only takes orders from Blair now and would not come back to work for Todd. You tell him, Sean! Any scene where an asshole boss gets taken down a peg is an automatic rave from me!

GENERAL HOSPITAL was much improved today. Maxie! Spinelli! Diane! Max! Kelly (whose portrayer accidentally threw bread at me and The Employed One last November at the Wood Ranch in Los Angeles)! All these characters are FUN and add much needed energy to the otherwise sluggish proceedings. Of course I loved the scene where Kate tried to reason with the increasingly mental Carly. Kate is so dignified in the face of lunacy; I am going to take lessons from her for my next job interview. While I find Carly intensely aggravating, I believe this is the show's intent and I just want to say Laura Wright does a great job as Carly. She holds her own with Maurice Benard and their cliffhanger scene today was fraught with tension.
And I've never watched SEX AND THE CITY and never will, because who needs it when you have Diane and Kate together? Put them in the same room with Alexis and Maxie and watch the show write itself!

No comments: