Friday, May 23, 2008

EVEN THE KIDS ROCK!

A few posts ago I stated that AS THE WORLD TURNS has the best cast on daytime. I was proved right today as the kids of ATWT delivered astonishing performances in a surprisingly powerful episode. That scene between Liberty and Janet, the look on Parker's face when he's telling Jack how just once he wants everything to go right, the look on Faith's face when she told Holden she wants to go home....color me astounded. Julie Pinson was so good in the scene where she smacked Liberty. I actually gasped and was incredibly moved as Julie went through a lifetime of emotions in one scene. Wow. ATWT made great drama out of something as mundane as a school dance. With one slap that felt like a bullet to the stomach.
And judging by tomorrow's preview, it's not going to let up! Nuke In New York! And has Colonel Mayer killed Ameera? I hope not because Tala Ashe is too good to be wasted.

I watched half of THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS on Soapnet tonight. Why does Soapnet not broadcast in HD? Y&R looks gorgeous in High Definition, but in regular Def it's just run-of-the-mill. Plus I had to put up with annoying onscreen promos for RELATIVE MADNESS, which you know must be crap because if those are the best quips in the commercial, how bad must the actual show be? Anyhow, Y&R was also moving and I like that Cassie's death is remembered each year, because that is realistic and, this year, especially dramatic because Nick's amnesia meant he doesn't remember her death! Yikes! I am going to try and get my unemployed ass out of bed earlier so I can watch Y&R in beautiful High Def on CBSHD. Wish me luck! (Or if the show is usually bad, wish me sweet dreams.)

No comments: