Thursday, May 29, 2008

SLEEPER

I didn't get up until 1 PM today! And I went to bed early last night - I only stayed up to 3 AM! (You, too, can keep these hours if you are unemployed.)

ONE LIFE TO LIVE easily beat DAYS OF OUR LIVES today. Watching the legal proceedings against Todd was very, very satisfying. I'm not sure if I love to hate Todd or just plain out hate him, but I can't wait to see his own daughter and wife rip into him.

DOOL was placing too much emphasis on the GOOD WILL HUNTING ripoff story, which I normally enjoy hugely because of the focus on Nick and Max. But today the focus was not on the chemistry between those two, but actually on the work done for the environment. Yawn. At least we had AJ and Nicole plotting together, which was fun. And whoever does the casting for DOOL is smart. Those a-hole buddies of Daniel's were such recognizably real scummy suits. Why would Daniel hang out with these guys instead of some surfing buddies?

Oddly, GUIDING LIGHT held my attention more today than GENERAL HOSPITAL. I liked seeing Reva and I liked seeing Bill (especially that shot of him drugged out and lying on his bed in his robe -- oh sweet Jesus I just said I liked a directorial choice on GUIDING LIGHT!) However, when Cassie slumped her head against her paperwork in despair I did hope that she was suffering from a brain aneurism and had suddenly died. No such luck. Also, seeing the scene where Reva and Josh see the actors acting out their lives would have been more powerful with the use of a vintage clip or two, but I reckon we will never see a vintage clip on GL again due to the look of video clashing with the look of Ellen Wheeler's camera phone. To end on a positive note, it was a great touch having Bill using Rafe's crime to bring the Spauldings down. We should never forget that Rafe has ruined his entire life by shooting Jeffrey! This can't be swept under the carpet!

GH was really misjudging their mob storylines today. I don't think viewers care about who controls the mob or the Zaccara's plans to take over. The mob stuff should just be an excuse to have strong characters interact with each other, not the main focus of the show. GH should be character driven, not plot driven, and certainly not driven by plots that should only function as wallpaper.

No comments: