Monday, May 26, 2008

THE KINGDOM OF THE EX-SOAP STAR

I was jerked out of the stultification of INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL by a brief appearance by the strangely ubiquitous Alan Dale! Alan Dale has appeared in everything from TORCHWOOD and LOST to UGLY BETTY and THE O.C. but will always be Jim Robinson from the Australian soap NEIGHBOURS to me. His death in that usually cozy soap was completely horrific. Jim dies of a heart attack as his merciless wife looks on, doing absolutely nothing to help him. It was a daring way to end a beloved long running soap character. Seeing Alan Dale always reminds me of his final NEIGHBOURS episode, no matter what else he does!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alan Dale is EVERYWHERE! He's like glitter; you think you've washed it out of your nether regions but it just...Sorry, maybe that's just me.

Maybe he should be compared to a dose of the clap; you think you've gotten rid of it but it just...I think I'm just bringing down the tone of this wonderful blog.

All I wanted to say is that Jim Dale is everywhere, but he is always welcome. Unlike the clap...