Wednesday, May 28, 2008

BANG BANG

OK, I'm back to the world of soaps! DAYS OF OUR LIVES surprised me with the notion that crazy-now-sane Ava would hire EJ as an attorney. I thought Tamara Braun's role was short term, but this looks like she's sticking around. I hope she does! Tamara is an ace actress and DOOL needs to explore further the sparks I felt between Ava and Max at their meeting at Shawn's grave.

GUIDING LIGHT is horrible, but I watch it out of some masochistic need of mine. Or maybe I just want to rag on it in this blog. We had another horrendously directed episode, with scenes crashing into each other without rhyme or reason. Without any transitional shot, we see Rafe run from the room after shooting Jeffrey to being in another room that looks like a supply closet in GL's Peapack offices. The effect was jarring and the film grammar incomprehensible. I had no idea where Rafe was. This led to confusion as everyone went searching for Rafe, with Daisy finding him and going "I knew you'd be here." Um, where's "here"?
Also crap was Harley going on the run with Rafe. I know Beth Ehlers is leaving, but her last air date is June 23 so why is Harley abandoning her three biological children, two of whom are very young and one teenage fuckup, to go on the run with Rafe, who she is not related to? So what if he's Gus' kid? Harley and Rafe never seemed that tight before. And don't get me started on the notion that Gus was a crooked cop or else I'll be here all night.
Full marks for the use of the acoustic version of ONLY LOVE during the end, however. It helps detract from the camera-phone visuals.

The Employed Boyfriend and I watched the first half of AS THE WORLD TURNS before collapsing in a lengthy ate-too-much-pizza nap. I can't believe how awful Lisa was. Keep your mouth shut, woman! Margo is already freaking out, which is nerve wracking to watch. Casey is so damn hot. He can kiss my neck and ask for advice about his crimes anytime. My ears perked up at the mention of Adam. Can ATWT be bringing him back, preferably in the person of Eric William Morris? Sage was a little brat to Parker, but it made me laugh out loud. Mick Hazen nailed the sullen awkwardness of trying to keep your first date secret from your mom. I also enjoyed seeing Lucinda and a NEW SET for Lily! Holy crap! Did Martha Byrne leaving free up a buttload of discretionary funds?

No comments: