Thursday, June 19, 2008

2 OR 3 THINGS I KNOW ABOUT AMEERA

1) She's from Iraq.
2) She is going to live with a family in Los Angeles that was close to her mother
3) She was played by the talented Tala Ashe
And that's it, folks! What did the Colonel want to tell Noah about Ameera? What was she up to in Iraq? Who were the people after her? WE'LL NEVER KNOW.

Good thing the rest of Wednesday's AS THE WORLD TURNS wasn't this sloppy. As soon as Ameera exits, bang -- we've got more of those painfully real scenes with Luke and Noah. Fantastic that Luke finally said everything to Noah that we want to say. In other stories, I'm glad that Meg was shown to have a brain, sad that Vienna is being written as a shrew and fed up with Holden/Carly flashbacks.

So, to answer my previous post's question, now that I've watched ATWT and sampled all the daytime dramas today, where does ATWT stand? It is still my favorite soap, despite plotting frustrations, because when the writing stays true to the characters and is character-driven, we get amazing stuff like the Luke/Noah scenes today. And, as I've mentioned before, ATWT has the best cast on daytime, bar none, with an engaging mix of old pros and young hotties. The show is not perfect, but it is the most emotionally involving soap for me.

No comments: