Tuesday, June 17, 2008

THREE REASONS WHY ATWT IS MY FAVORITE SOAP

1) The scenes with Noah and Luke were agonizing to watch, and I wouldn't want it any other way. Emotionally, Noah is a lot like my boyfriend while I am closer to Luke, so you can imagine the sofa-squirming during this episode.
2) Lucinda and Barbara. What a treat to see these two vets act the hell out of those scenes. Also hooray for the first proper Noah and Lucinda scene, which brought a silent tear to my eye.
3) Reg. An ordinary, realistic gay man. And how great was it for someone to finally ask what's up with Noah's marriage to Ameera?

This is not the best soap on the air -- right now, that's probably ONE LIFE TO LIVE. But today's show demonstrated the superlative acting and fine characterization that makes AS THE WORLD TURNS my favorite soap.

No comments: