Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I AM VICTOR NEWMAN'S WIFE

...because I interrupted my soap viewing today to go to the museum that Victor and Sabrina were canoodling around a couple of months ago. You know, the one with the street lamp installation? I find it ironic that I turned off THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS to visit a place seen in Y&R. From the bit of show I saw today, I was surprised to see Tammin Sursok as Colleen, since it felt like she was written out six weeks ago. Did the producers rehire her after her Emmy nom? Great, now we'll have NuColleen speaking with a quasi-Australian accent forevah. And she has an annoyingly large forehead, too.

I watched a rerun of GOSSIP GIRL tonight and was startled by the omniscient narrator, Gossip Girl, getting involved in the action by sending Blair an email of Nate with Jenny. This opens up a can of worms -- instead of being a chronicler of the Upper East Side, Gossip Girl is now a Blair-hater. If that's the case, then who is Gossip Girl? No one in the diegesis of the show can be this all powerful! I like to think it's the marginalized gay, Eric, wreaking vengeance on all those heteros who monopolize the air time.

XOXO
You know you love me.

No comments: