Thursday, June 12, 2008

HOT WRINKLIES

The fact that the oldies of AS THE WORLD TURNS, Bob, Kim and Susan, have such a sexy history together makes them Wrinkly Hot. Billy Magnusson will be Wrinkly Hot, too, in about 50 years. Now he is just HOT.

On a more serious note, the scenes today between Noah, Luke and the Snyder family were so awkwardly real to watch I find it hard to write about them. My boyfriend and I didn't discuss it much; it felt like we had broken up too. This made me realize that while I look at soaps for escapism, I also watch them because the long-term soap opera medium allows you to invest in characters deeply, perhaps more deeply than in any other dramatic form. While the events of today's episode were painful, it was amazing that ATWT made me feel this way.

On a lighter note, the mildly entertaining Arnold Schwarzenegger vehicle THE SIXTH DAY was enlivened for me by a cameo from Jennifer Gareis! I like Jennifer on THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL a lot; she's game for anything and has successfully made the transition from supporting character to leading lady. Of all the Logan family, Donna is the least aggravating and that's high praise these days!

No comments: