Monday, June 16, 2008

HARSH REALITY INTRUDES

As entertaining as ONE LIFE TO LIVE is nowadays, the scenes of Dorian firing people, complete with "You're fired" boxes and last paychecks, can't help but bother the Unemployed Household a bit. In a different way, I am saddened by the blind item in the last SOAP OPERA DIGEST which stated an actress who "hasn't caught on with fans" will be fired. I like everyone on OLTL, and today's cliffhanger made me fear that Talia or Sarah is getting a bullet in the head. I think Talia's days are numbered and Beth Ann Bonner will unfortunately become another I WANNA BE A SOAP STAR alumni who never becomes a soap star. Good thing Brody was wearing a tank top or else this blog could degenerate into unemployed misery.

GENERAL HOSPITAL was less depressing to me, because no one was getting laid off and Spinelli called Claudia "Daughter Of Darkness"! I wrote a few blogs back about how GH could just endlessly pair Spinelli with every character possible and I would be amused, and my theory was proven by the scenes with Spinelli and Claudia. I say have Claudia strike up an odd friendship with Spinelli; it would actually give her character one redeeming quality!

No comments: